Real Estate Development Manager – Arizona Mulifamily
Phoenix, AZ. Some light travel may be necessary.
The primary duties of the Development Manager (DM) are to work with the Director – Multifamily (Director), Senior Development Manager (SDM) and Project Coordinator (PC) to oversee real estate development projects and make sure they are completed on time and on budget. This position is considered exempt and will not be eligible for authorized over-time.
The duties of the Development Professional include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor project details through the use of a project checklist customized for each individual project.
- Create project schedules for each project and update them regularly or as needed based on changes to the project.
- Assist with purchase agreements, opening escrow, and tracking critical escrow dates.
- Preparation and tracking of development budget.
- Prepare contracts for consultants to perform all aspects of due diligence work for the project (utility coordination, environmental, soils, survey, preliminary architect and civil engineering, etc.).
- Review all due diligence materials received and work with supervisors and consultants to resolve any issues that affect the development plans. Route reports to appropriate third parties for review and approval.
- Coordinate title and ALTA survey reviews and obtain outside reviews with attorneys and other appropriate consultants.
- Develop positive relationships with key City personnel to ensure smooth and timely entitlement processes such as site plans, variances, zoning, and plan review.
- Determine required plan review, permit, and development fees and work with City staff to verify costs.
- Coordination with utility companies for preliminary and final designs and cost estimates.
Construction Drawings (CD’s) / Interior Design /Utility Coordination/ Permits
- Prepare contracts for consultants (utility consultant, architect, civil engineer, and landscape architect) to prepare construction drawings for the project.
- Manage project design team.
- Manage utility design and coordination.
- Review construction drawings for accuracy and assure that changes are implemented. Coordinate finish specifications for accuracy.
- Work with the City (and other applicable agencies) to obtain all permits and approvals necessary to construct the project.
- Assist in the development of debt and equity solicitation packages.
- Assist the Finance Department by providing project information required by lenders and investors and assist with the land acquisition and construction loan closing processes.
- Coordinate project insurance for builder’s risk and general liability coverages.
- Attend or accompany SDM at Owner/Architect/Contractor site meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a minimum 2 years of relevant commercial real estate development experience. This person must be well-organized, detail oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Qualified applicants must specifically possess:
A Bachelor’s degree.
Experience must include due diligence research, budget preparation, working with city planning personnel to understand various processes, obtain entitlements, and obtain building permits.
Ability to read and understand documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports, and civil and architectural drawings.
Excellent analytical ability, strong communication and writing skills, effectively present information.
Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to facilitate results by managing the consultants and design team. Ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable work.
Knowledge in MS Project. Advanced computer skills, including use of Word, and Excel.
View our ad on LinkedIn
A cover letter must accompany any submitted resume, which can be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Manager” in your subject line. No phone calls please. We will respond to qualified applicants.