Apply for Director of Leasing – Real Estate Development
Evergreen Devco, Inc. is seeking an experienced Director of Leasing in its Phoenix office who will be responsible for managing multiple retail real estate development projects in the Western US. The successful candidate will have a minimum 7 years of relevant and successful experience.
- Responsible for leasing a diverse mix of ground-up new development retail shopping centers, including jewel box multi-tenant buildings, anchored neighborhood and community shopping centers and unanchored retail strip centers.
- Must have knowledge and comfort to network and negotiate with brokers and a wide range of tenants, including local, regional and national brands.
- Possess skills necessary to draft and fully negotiate Letters of Intent with pad buyers and tenants, shops tenants and anchors/ junior anchors is a must.
- Capable of assisting in-house and third-party legal counsel with lease negotiation and execution.
- An in-depth understanding of all retail lease clauses including, but not limited to CAM, Insurance, Subordination, Use, Exclusivity and Work Letter Exhibits.
- Familiar with concepts and documents used in ground lease and pad sale transactions.
- Ability to interpret and understand master shopping center documents such as REA’s, CC&R’s and Declarations.
- General understanding of tenant coordination and ongoing property management issues.
- Good grasp of lease finance issues and ability to qualify prospective tenants using income statements, credit reports and business P&L’s.
- Formulate strategic market plans for all retail centers including rental rate research and comps, tenant mix strategy and competitive trends. Ability to assist in early site plan development is strongly desired.
- Hire, manage and work directly with third-party retail brokers in each trade area.
- Manage broker marketing reports in a way that will allow for efficient and accurate tracking of property lease-up and marketing updates to the company.
- Supplement brokerage efforts, as necessary, to assist with attracting new tenants, including canvassing and cold calling.
- Attend local, regional and national trade show events necessary to promote and market properties and create new relationships with retailers and brokers.
- The position will be based in Phoenix, AZ. Day and overnight travel to California, Utah and Colorado is required. Potential travel to new markets is a possibility.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year accredited college or university. A degree in real estate, finance or business administration strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience with retail commercial leasing in current market(s) is required, 10+ years is preferred.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy with unsupervised work.
- Ability to visualize completed projects and work with the design team to create a sense of place and identity for the shopping center.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new markets and cultivate relationships is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
View our ad on LinkedIn
Qualified applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree. A cover letter must accompany any submitted resume, which can be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Development” in your subject line. No phone calls please. We will respond to qualified applicants.