Apply for Development Manager – Colorado
Denver, Colorado. Some light travel may be necessary.
The primary duties of the Development Manager (DM) are to work with the Principal/Managing Principal (P/MP), Senior Development Manager (SDM) and Project Coordinator (PC) to oversee real estate development projects, ensuring they are completed on time and on budget. This position is considered exempt and will not be eligible for authorized over-time. Primary duties include:
- Monitor project details using a project checklist customized for each project.
- Create project schedules for each project and monitor them regularly, updating based on changes to the project.
- Assist SDM with purchase agreements, opening escrow, and tracking critical escrow dates.
- Assist SDM in preparation and tracking of development budget.
- Prepare contracts for third-party due diligence and design consultants.
- Assist in the preparation of debt and equity solicitation packages.
- Due Diligence
- Review due diligence materials, provide critical feedback and recommendations, and work with supervisors to resolve issues that affect the development plans. Route reports to appropriate third parties for review and approval.
- Develop positive relationships with key City personnel in order to represent Evergreen well in the community and to ensure favorable entitlement approvals.
- Facilitate infrastructure design and construction in partnership with City and public/private utility companies.
- Manage utility design and coordination, including making value-engineering revision recommendations.
- Accurately research and report required plan review, permit, and development fees and work with City staff to verify costs and seek strategically to minimize such costs.
Construction Drawings / Permits
- Review construction drawings and specifications for accuracy and coordination and follow up to ensure recommended changes are implemented.
- Work with the City (and other applicable agencies) to obtain all permits, licenses and approvals necessary to construct the project.
- Assist SDM with preparation of construction contracts.
- Attend or accompany SDM at Owner/Architect/Contractor site meetings.
- Participate in creation of initial construction budget estimates.
- Create detailed construction budgets and schedules for commercial tenants and/or critically review the same work by others.
- Be responsible for defining scope of work by trade, preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Manage the bidding process through award and contract negotiation.
- Provide hands on, day-to-day planning, management and oversight of construction as required.
- Maintain existing and establish new relationships with subcontractors.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and recommend construction efficiencies.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
Property Management Coordination
- Coordinate operations start-up items with Property Management.
- Assist the Director with marketing and other items related to property start-up.
- Review Property Management budgets and monthly reporting.
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum 5 years of relevant experience demonstrating proficiency or mastery of as many as possible of the skills listed above.
- The candidate must be well-organized, detail oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Qualified applicants must specifically possess:
- Bachelor’s degree: Urban Design, Planning, Real Estate, Business, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Finance, or related course study.
- The ability to read, understand, and provide critical feedback to documents affecting commercial real estate projects such as entitlement applications, agreements/contracts, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, environmental reports, grading and utility reports, architectural drawings and construction documents is essential to success in this position.
- Excellent analytical ability, strong communication skills and effective organizational skills.
Strong team player, flexing to contribute and lead. Ability to facilitate results by assisting SDM in managing consultants and construction team. Consistently provide efficient, timely, and reliable work. Knowledge in MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point.
View our ad on LinkedIn
A cover letter must accompany any submitted resume, which can be electronically submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Manager” in your subject line. No phone calls please. We will respond to qualified applicants.