Construction Accounts Payable Specialist – Denver
Immediate Construction Accounts Payable Specialist job opening in Denver, Colorado. This position is ideal for someone with 3 years of accounts payable experience in the construction industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and process sub-contractor pay applications.
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into system, manage and build the GC pay application process.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost codes by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- Have an excellent understanding of general ledger to maintain and manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations including material purchases and payments to Subcontractors
- Understand retainage percentage and lien waivers
- Processing weekly check runs and taking advantage of all offered discounts
- Special projects as needed
Candidates must possess strong analytical, communication, organizational, technology and leadership skills and a proficiency in MS Excel. An Associate’s Degree is required in order to be considered for the position. Candidates should have at least 3 years of accounting or finance experience and comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles. Must have the ability to work independently and the ability to work effectively with senior members of the company. Very strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork is what is needed to truly succeed in this position. Associated degree at a minimum is required.
Compensation & Perks:
Salary DOE, Medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO and vacation We invest in ongoing employee training and professional development in addition to providing unparalleled health and wellness benefits. We are dedicated to employee advancement, success and overall well-being.
We encourage employees to maintain a healthy work-life balance, which ultimately makes everyone more effective and satisfied at work and at home. Events like company outings, annual meeting and team-building offer fun, social opportunities for employees to get to know one another and interact with each other in a casual environment.
Our culture is committed to giving back to our community and invest in our people. We strive to cultivate a fun, productive, and exciting work environment where hard work is recognized and rewarded. Teamwork is at the core of our culture, and we are always seeking talented individuals to join our winning team! If you are a team player and a top performer, this very well could be the place for you! Apply today.
View position on LinkedIn. No phone calls, please.