Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Evergreen Devco, Inc., a commercial and residential real estate development company founded in 1974 with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Salt Lake City, is seeking a Facilities Engineer. The position is based in the Phoenix office. We are seeking candidates with a minimum 3 years’ experience. This position is considered non-exempt and will be eligible for authorized over-time.
- The duties of the Facilities Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
Facilities Maintenance Responsibilities
· Inspect our portfolio of retail properties routinely to assess maintenance problems with a great eye for detail. Our goal is to ensure our properties are clean, safe and inviting for our tenants and customers at all times
· Manage maintenance vendors (landscapers, day porter, parking lot sweeper, pressure washer, etc.) to ensure they are performing the scope of work they were hired to perform. Report maintenance issues to vendors and follow up until resolution
· Perform minor repairs and maintenance, such as painting graffiti, replacing signage, installing lockboxes, cleaning out riser rooms, vacancy inspections, etc
· Perform quarterly inspection of each property using property inspection form, complete with notes and photos
· Contribute to the development of annual maintenance budgets by completing detailed budget inspection forms with notes, site plan and photos and recommendations for timing of capital expenditures
· Roof inspections as necessary
· Supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (parking lot seal coat, electricians, plumbers, etc.)
· Assist Property Managers in scoping and bidding capital repairs
· Respond to maintenance emergencies, both during business hours and after-hours, as needed via rotating weekend / holiday on-call schedule
- Proven experience as Facilities Engineer or similar role with at least 3 years’ experience.
· Technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC etc.
· Knowledge of maintenance planning and schedules
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and computer skills for administrative tasks such as time sheets, invoices and scheduling.
· Candidate will use personal vehicle for travel and be reimbursed mileage at IRS approved rate.
The Facilities Engineer will be directly managed by the Senior Property Manager. Feedback from the Senior Property Manager will be provided on a regular (as needed) basis. The information gathered will be used as a tool in preparing for performance reviews.
- · Attention to detail to help our properties stand out and always present as clean, safe and inviting
· Consistently meet proposed deadlines
· Be trustworthy, open and honest in all interactions
· Understand all instructions and ask questions until assignment is fully comprehended
· Be organized
· Act in a professional manner at all times
· Take responsibility for an assignment and see it to completion
· Communicate in a clear and concise manner
· Identify and solve problems effectively
· Recommend ideas for improvement
· Act as a team player and offer assistance whenever needed
· Willingly accept constructive criticism and learn from mistakes
Please submit resumes via email to email@example.com.
View our ad on LinkedIn