Associate Construction Manager | Retail
Evergreen Devco, Inc. is seeking an Associate Construction Manager for its retail development projects. The position will be located in Evergreen’s Phoenix office. The successful candidate will have experience reviewing building and civil plans, reviewing general contractor cost estimates and managing and tracking construction costs, along with being well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously. This position is office-based and will not require travel or site visits.
Specific Job Functions Include:
- Heavy emphasis on reviewing preliminary and final construction documents for completeness, constructability, identification of potential conflicts/discrepancies and generating cost savings/value engineering design ideas
- Review preliminary and final cost estimates, track pricing and maintain a database or spreadsheet to analyze costs and trends
- Review and critically analyze preliminary cost estimates obtained from general contractors on new retail developments
- Identify cost saving opportunities during the preliminary and final plan review phases of the project
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or related field with an excellent GPA
- 2-5 years of experience in a construction-related position with emphasis on retail or commercial projects
- Experience and understanding of both civil and building drawings
- Strong analytical skills and ability to review and coalesce data into a meaningful format for future analysis
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- High degree of motivation and self-drive
- Proficiency in and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
Submit resumes and a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.