Vice President – Multifamily Development, Utah
Evergreen Devco, Inc., a highly-successful real estate development company founded in 1974 with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Salt Lake City, is expanding its multifamily development platform into the Utah market. This new platform will focus on developing ground-up, institutionally sized market-rate multifamily project capitalizing on Evergreen’s financial strength, development expertise and proven track record of multifamily development in Arizona and Colorado.
We are seeking a seasoned veteran in the multifamily development industry with at least 10 years of proven experience in all aspects of multifamily development with deep relationships in the broker, landowner, consultant, and contractor multifamily development community.
This individual will hold the executive title of Vice President – Multifamily Development and lead the new Utah Multifamily Business Line within Evergreen, report directly to a Managing Principal, collaborate with Evergreen’s Utah retail development team and perform all aspects of development including but not limited to the following:
- Lead the Multifamily Business Line. Help refine assumptions, execution strategies, deal parameters, underwriting requirements, deal sourcing, resources and capital strategies.
- Independently and in collaboration with Evergreen’s leadership, develop and execute an acquisition and development strategy.
- Prepare business plan for projects under contract, including detailed budget, schedule, program, market, and risk analysis.
- Lead and manage the entitlement process. Work effectively with city staff and elected officials. Follow development codes. Prepare and deliver presentations to City Staff, Planning and Zoning committees, City Councils and other agencies as needed.
- Coordinate closely with the Construction Manager and Design Consultants to approve all design, program, and construction issues as they relate to the business plan. Monitor all approved activities going forward.
- Coordinate acquisition efforts with existing Evergreen retail development team in Utah for potential horizontal and vertical mixed use developments.
- Build a small team of individuals to execute the work, including hiring a Development Manager and, if needed, a Development Associate.
- Support financing efforts with the existing Evergreen Capital Team in Arizona.
- Coordinate disposition efforts with the Managing Principals.
- Assist in financial reporting of the Business Line profit/losses at semiannual Business Line Reviews to Managing Partners.
Education/Experience: Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in real estate economics, business, engineering, construction management or architecture. Preference for a Master of Business Administration degree, with a concentration in real estate, business or finance.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in multifamily real estate development
- Financial Modeling experience at a senior level is required.
- Experience in project and construction management.
Evergreen’s strategic advantages in multifamily development:
- Completed 12 projects (2,456 units) in Arizona and Colorado combined.
- Currently have 11 projects (3,275 units) in development in Arizona and Colorado.
- Understanding of the Utah market and its demand for this product.
- Ability to raise debt and equity to finance all available projects.
- Ability to fund significant predevelopment expenses prior to securing debt and equity sources.
- Administrative support and commitment to expanding human resource capital to support our Utah multifamily platform.
- Track record of delivering significant returns for our investors.
- Ability to acquire larger tracks of land for horizontal mixed use (retail/multifamily) projects, developed entirely by Evergreen.
- Collaborative support from the Arizona and Colorado development teams.
- Significant experience in structuring public/private partnerships.
The Vice President-Multifamily Development will need travel occasionally to either our Denver or Phoenix offices for building rapport with team members and quarterly company-wide meetings. This individual to be based in Utah with experience in developing multifamily within the Utah submarkets.
Please submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.