Vice President – Industrial Development
Evergreen Devco, Inc., is growing with an expansion into industrial development and redevelopment in its core markets in the western United States. This new business line will focus on creating opportunities as a result of changing market conditions and industry trends.
We are seeking a seasoned veteran in the industrial development industry with at least 10 years of proven experience in all aspects of the industrial development process with deep relationships in the industrial tenant and brokerage community. This individual will hold the title of Vice President – Industrial and lead the new Industrial Business Line within Evergreen, report directly to its Managing Principals and perform all aspects of the Industrial Business Line including but not limited to the following:
• Lead the Industrial Business Line. Help refine assumptions, execution strategies, deal parameters, underwriting requirements, deal sourcing, resources and capital strategies.
• Independently and in collaboration with Evergreen’s leadership, develop an acquisition and development strategy, refining Evergreen’s preliminary strategic advantages explained below.
• Demonstrate extensive Broker relationship management in all primary markets (AZ, CA, CO, UT).
• Demonstrate extensive Tenant relationship management in all primary markets with a goal of establishing BTS relationships with repeat tenants.
• Coordinate acquisition efforts with existing Evergreen Acquisition Managers in Arizona, California, Colorado and Utah.
• Coordinate development efforts with existing Evergreen Development Managers and Directors of Development in Arizona and Colorado (no development personnel reside in CA or UT).
• Support financing efforts with the existing Evergreen Capital Team in Arizona.
• Coordinate disposition efforts with the Managing Principals.
• Assist in financial reporting of the Industrial Business Line profit/losses at semiannual Business Line Reviews to Managing Partners.
Based upon Evergreen’s preliminary research into the industrial real estate sector we believe Evergreen has a strategic advantage in the following subsets of industrial development:
• Ground up “mid-box” development in the 100,000 square foot range in either a stand-alone basis or in the context of developing a business park where Evergreen’s extensive experience in land development, zoning, public private partnerships and horizontal mixed use development can be leveraged.
• Ground up flex or “incubator” space targeting small business not addressed by the current “big box” frenzy. Again, could be a standalone building or in the context for creating a business park developed by Evergreen.
• Redevelopment of vacant retail big boxes into last-mile e-commerce or flex/incubator space in coordination with our retail team where vacant parking lots can be partially converted into retail pads (fast food, gas, automotive) to buy down a land basis and provide cover in a rezoning effort.
The Vice President-Industrial Development will need to travel regularly to our various markets to vet out opportunities and coordinate development efforts with our Acquisition Managers and Development Managers. Evergreen’s preference is for this individual to be based in our Phoenix office, or be willing to travel to Phoenix regularly for coordination with our Managing Principals, Development Managers and Directors of Development.
Please submit resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .