Assistant Director of Finance – Phoenix
Evergreen Devco, Inc., a highly successful real estate development company founded in 1974 with offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Salt Lake City, is looking to grow the finance department in the Phoenix office.
This individual will hold the title of Assistant Director of Finance and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and collaborate with Evergreen’s development and acquisition teams as well as staff accountants. This person will perform the following:
- Assist the CFO to help refine assumptions, execution strategies, deal parameters and underwriting requirements for new development projects.
- Assist the CFO in real estate loan closings, including post-close loan administration and reporting to lenders.
- Approve general contractor pay applications and internal accountant prepared loan draws.
- Assist in the preparation of reports needed throughout the year, including business line and company cash flows, overhead allocation, consolidated company financials, etc.
- Assist the CFO in tracking, reporting and evaluating historical debt and equity placement, budget performance, portfolio asset performance and strategy regarding hold, refinance and sale decisions.
- Manage investor portal data, including equity placement, ownership percentage and distribution history.
Education/Experience: Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, business, accounting or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in real estate development strongly preferred.
- Advanced excel financial modeling.
- Experience with typical large scale of accounting software, i.e., Yardi, preferred
- Experience in generating or reviewing construction loan draws or construction pay applications preferred.
View job posting on LinkedIn. No phone calls, please.