Evergreen Devco, Inc. is seeking an experienced Development Manager in its Phoenix office who will be responsible for managing multiple retail real estate development projects.
The Development Manager will perform the following:
- Manages all facets of the development cycle including planning, design, pre-construction due diligence, entitlements, building permits and overseeing the construction.
- Responsible for coordinating input from owner/tenant regarding site and architectural design.
- Oversee and coordinate with outside consultants including architect civil engineer, landscape architects, soils engineer, environmental consultants in pursuit of completing due diligence and preparation of entitlement applications and building permit submittals.
- Assist acquisition managers with the preparation of development budgets and schedules.
- Assists in preparing feasibility studies. Interfaces directly with tenants, consultants and others to define project requirements and constraints.
- Facilitates project strategy meetings, implements plan to keep project resources, owner and all involved informed. Implements project documentation workflow ensuring project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule. Assess change
- requests, make recommendations, secure approvals, and issue change orders.
- Directs all aspects of obtaining necessary permits and approvals from governing municipality and tenant.
- Work directly with a Director of Development Management to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will have a minimum 5 years of relevant commercial real estate development experience. This person must be well-organized, detail oriented, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualified applicants must specifically possess:
- Bachelor’s degree: Urban Design, Planning, Real Estate, Business, Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related course study. Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Minimum five years of real estate project manager experience. Experience must include due diligence research, budget preparation, working with city planning office to obtain entitlements and building permits and generating project budgets and schedules.
- Capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting real estate projects, such as: entitlement applications, traffic studies, CC&Rs, agreements/contracts, leases, due diligence materials, title reports, ALTA surveys, environmental reports and architectural drawings.
- Excellent analytical ability, strong communication and writing skills, effectively present information.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to facilitate results by managing the consultants and design team.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service.
- Ability to perform financial analysis.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in complex situations.
- Knowledge in MS Project. Advanced computer skills, including use of Word, Excel (Spreadsheets), Power Point.
View position on LinkedIn. No phone calls, please.